Search

Monday, June 6, 2016

Light Up Spekaers

Light Up Speakers!

So this is gonna be a shorter blog post, but I would just like to have a quick post about my mini light up speaker!


So, I started this project 3 weeks before the end of school, looking for something small to perfect my combination of neopixel lights and music to make an enriching experience. I had planned to finish the project in 4-5 hours, and only spend 60$ on the parts. But I realized how hard smaller electronics for audio are to work with inside a jar, and spent about 100$ on the projects. I went through 2 Arduino Nanos, accidentally putting the pins in the wrong spot, and pulling more power than the Arduino could deliver. The same scenario with the neopixels I used the project, killing about 60 neopixels before fixing it. The primary reason I even continued working on it was because I really wanted to give a gift to someone, and I decided that I wanted to give them this. Finally, after 20 hours of working the project, I finished building it. And the video is below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment