Search

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Electric House

Electric House

Good morning. I would like produce an article to address my electric house project. This project was initially used for my Physics class. The initial objective was to build a box that would light up, and be controlled by a switch. That was the requirement for the class. I needed to simulate a room with lights and switches.


(Here is a picture)


Instead... I decided to built something... a bit more extravagant.  I like to refer to my project a 'mini-club'. The initial project requirements only needed 6 lights. I decided to go for roughly 150. To control of those lights, I used 3 microcontrollers (2x Arduino mega,  1x Arduino Uno). To be honest, I could have rewritten the program to work entirely on one Arduino, and use less wires, but I wasn't aware of a solution I could be with only 30$

(This isn't the final built, but it was the only one on hand)

Finally, (while I can't show you now) the box lit up and interacted with audio. The lights flashed to the music. I surpassed the objectives of my class by a wide margin, but I thought it would be a fun project. I created a fun, interactive box that enriches the music listening experience.

Final Reflections

I learned a lot from this project. My knowledge of electronics has be improved. My ability to use spray paint has improved. Design, wiring, and stylizing skills have all been improved.  However, those are all skills I can learn further on in life. Something I learned from this project was focus and determination. I learned how to focus on one project for 3 weeks straight.  I feel like I can tackle projects vastly larger than before. It's the one takeaway from the entire project I am most proud of.

I hope you enjoy this post!

William Signing Out!






No comments:

Post a Comment